Friday, April 27, 2007

Free Music! HOPE FOR THE HOKIES

In the wake of the terrible, horrible, senseless massacre at Virginia Tech last week and the recent torture/murder of three believers in Turkey and, and, and ...

The bad news is that the world is a mess (and sure seems to be getting messier). The good news is that God gives hope and healing, joy and peace to everyone who will open their hearts to Jesus. It sounds simple, and I guess it is. Without Jesus in our lives, it's easy to be overwhelmed by the evil all around us. But with Him, we find the comfort, strength and hope to go on.

If you've ever lost a loved one, felt like you can't cope with today's burden or wondered what the answer is to this crazy, mixed-up world, I hope you'll turn to Jesus for all that you need. He's real, He's relevant and He's reliable. And if you need a sense of His presence with you right where you are, this free music download might just help. It was put together to encourage anyone suffering from the events last Monday and is available through the month of May.

* * * * * * *
To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul
In You I trust, O my God
Do not let me be put to shame
Nor let my enemies triumph over me

No one whose hope is in You
Will ever be put to shame
That's why my eyes are on You, O Lord
Surround me, defend me
O how I need You
To You I lift up my soul
To You I lift up my soul

Show me Your ways and teach me Your paths
Guide me in truth, lead me on
For You're my God, You are my Saviour
My hope is in You each moment of the day

Remember Lord, Your mercy and love
That ever flow from of old
Remember not the sins of my youth
Or my rebellious ways
According to Your love, remember me
According to Your love
For You are good, O Lord

(To You O Lord by Graham Kendrick, based on Psalm 25)

No comments: