Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

After weeks and weeks and weeks of one or more of us being sick with coughs, colds, stomach bugs, sore throats, sinus infections and even mother-daughter conjunctivitis, I think we're finally coming out the other side. And I do mean finally! It's not serious in the way that cancer is serious, but our little family has never gone through anything like this before. It makes me all the more grateful for the excellent health we normally enjoy.

It also makes me immensely grateful for the "little things" I normally take for granted but really do help all of us feel better when we're sick. My big five: a hot bath/shower, pain relievers, eucalyptus oil, Breathe Right strips and tissues with balsam. Millions of women and children around the world don't have access to any of those things...

Now that I'm getting a little more sleep at night and starting to get my energy back in the daytime, I hope to get back on-line, too.

No comments: