Monday, December 10, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things (Or, my attempt to shorten the days between posts during this wondrous, too-busy season that is Advent)

‘Tis the season to do many fun things except keep up with this blog, it seems! Forgive my silence, won’t you, while I get myself all wrapped up in the comfort and joy of celebrating God-with-us.

Part of that comfort and joy, for me, is listening to Christmas music. So today’s Favorite Thing is a sampling of my best-loved lines from Christmas carols.

O come, O come, Emmanuel...
That glorious song of old...
O come to us, abide with us...
Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing; O come, let us adore Him!
This, this is Christ the King!
A thrill of hope; the weary world rejoices for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn...
Light and life to all He brings...
Son of God, love's pure light... The dawn of redeeming grace!
Peace on earth and mercy mild; God and sinners reconciled!
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care...
His law is love and His gospel is peace...
Chains shall He break... and in His name all oppression shall cease!
To free all those who trust in Him from Satan's power and might...
O tidings of comfort and joy!
Joy to the world! The Lord is come!

No comments: